7 Tips on Selecting DWI Lawyer Nationwide
Did you know competent is not enough to win your dwi case. Your lawyer must be competent in the specific area of blood-alcohol analysis. These areas include the Standardized Field Soberiety Task established by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admistration, and the scientific breath-to-blood testing instrument used at the law enforcement center. In Texas, the Intoxilizer 5000 has been approved for testing 2100:1.0 breath-to-blood alcohol concentration.
The article below lists the six other factors in selecting a dwi lawyer for your case.
How to Find the Best DUI Attorney
by Benjamin L. Patrick
We have all experienced driving after having a few drinks and while we would never drive when we know that we can not, you can’t argue with the law. When a police officer stops you when you are under that condition and makes you take the test to determine your alcohol level and they find out that you have a higher level than the minimum then you’re in for trouble. Who could say that they won’t be in that kind of situation?
When that happens you are going to need the best DUI attorney that you can find in order to get you off the hook. These are the kinds of lawyers who specialize in DUI cases. Here are some tips that you can use in finding the right lawyer for you situation:
1. Don’t rely on the claim of the lawyer that they are competent in handling DUI cases. As lawyers they can always make that claim because they have studied the laws that apply to your case.
That does not mean that they specialize in it. If you read on some advertisement that they can handle any kind of case then be suspicious. Look for specialized education and advance training on the specified field.
2. Be wary of those who specialize in everything. It might be possible that they try to keep up with all the updates on the legal field including those that apply to DUI cases but that would only mean that they can not fully focus on that. They would not be able to offer you the best kind of help that you need.
3. See if an attorney is familiar with the tests conducted by the police officers out in the field to determine if you are sober or not. Actually you need to look for more than just familiarity. You need to see if they are actually experts in it. They should understand all of the procedures involved and how it all works so they can help you out.
4. Your attorney should also be familiar with the devices used by the field officers in testing your sobriety. Your defence might hinge on how much they are familiar with those devices.
5. Don’t go with lawyers who are not familiar with the tests used on the laboratory for determining the alcohol level in your body.
6. Never go with the lawyer who tells you right away on how the case will turn out in your initial meeting. A good lawyer will never do that. They will have to go through with the facts first before they tell you anything.
7. Never go with a lawyer who suggests that you plead guilty in your initial meeting. Any well trained DUI attorney will have to wait for facts before they tell you to do anything.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com
Skilled and experienced dwi lawyer is available to represent and protect your rights. You won’t save money by doing it yourself because the experience prosecutors aren’t in cour to help you. And the judge is prohibited from representing or assisting you at trial, get experience Bell County,Texas attorney on your side, today.
For a well-reached article on bail bond go to G+ profile by clicking here.
You may also be interested in article on Twitter click here.
Texas Juvenile Law:
Liberal court striking down laws to help youth offenders to go free? What up with the U.S. Supreme Court?There are 27 Texas prisoners serving mandatory life sentences for murders committed when they were younger than 18, according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Do these bad actors get to walk out of prison?
Supreme Court tosses mandatory no-parole sentences for youth offenders
“A divided U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws requiring that juveniles … Although Texas no longer allows the practice, the ruling is expected to require new …”
Texas Juvenile Sentencing:
The federal government and several states have made life in prison without parole mandatory for some types of murder and allowed it to be applied to 14-year-olds. In Texas, some offenses carry a mandatory life without parole sentences for 17-year-olds.
Learn More …
Supreme Court says no more sending youth offenders to prison for life …
“The Supreme Court ruled Monday that it is unconstitutional for state laws to require juveniles convicted of murder to be sentenced to life in prison without …”
Learn more juvenile administrative segregation at Twitter by clicking here.
Do you agree or disagree with this decision by the U.S. Supreme Court?
It Doesn’t Matter: Educators and Students
It doesn’t matter if the student is 18 or older, Under Texas Penal Code 21.12(a), an employee of a public or private primary or secondary school commits an offense if the employee engages in:
(1) sexual contact, sexual intercourse, or deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is enrolled in a public or private primary or secondary school at which the employee works. The teacher cannot have an improper relationship, no matter what the age.
Image by torres21 via Flickr
The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office is investigating whether a sex crime was committed when a student teacher reportedly had a relationship with a 17-year-old high school girl.
The Eastern Washington University graduate student was teaching at Mount Spokane High School where the girl is a student, according to university and Mead School District officials. Rob Humphrey was dismissed from his internship as soon as the relationship and possible inappropriate contact was reported.
….More at Mead student teacher dismissed amid sex crime probe – Spokesman …
An Offense under section 22.12 is a second degree felony in Texas with a punishment range from two to twenty years imprisionment. In addition, a conviction involving Improper Relationship Between Educator And Student may result in you having to register as a sex offender. Even taking a plea bargain for unadjudication community supervision will result in you having to register as a sex offender.
John McDaniel of Keller, who teaches at Colleyville Middle School, faces charges of online solicitation of a minor and having an improper relationship with a student, said Sgt. Robert Eberling, a Grapevine police spokesman.
Watch the video of NEW “TEACHER of the YEAR” ARRESTED 4 “SEXTING” (EXPLICIT PHOTOS w/ STUDENT)…
Be careful what you say to or about student on social media sites, big government is watching.
… More at Teachers and Students on Facebook
… You may also visit Twitter to learn more here.
Educators and students on Facebook
Another Law Enforcement Tool: Dog Scent Lineups
More and more great and wonderful tools are being given to law enforcement. Yet, more and more innocence people are still falling through the gap. Just recently, Michael Morton was exonerated.
Dog Scent Lineup
Absurdly, prosecutors told jurors at trial that the dog scent lineups were “as good as DNA.” Winfrey’s attorney, Shirley Baccus-Lobel, told the CCA that “The problem with bad science masquerading as science is it results in attaching a significance to unremarkable events.” San Jacinto County prosecutors told the court that although the case was circumstantial and “parts of it are weak,” they should uphold the conviction anyway. (I know, you’re shocked.)…More at ‘As good as DNA’? Court of Criminal Appeals considers dog-scent lineups
I am interested in hearing your views and reasonings in favor or in opposition to dog scent evidence. Please leave your comments below.
- The Last Man Exonerated – Kerry Max Cook